Re: [PyrNet-L] Giant Breed?

--- clhenke@juno.com wrote:
> Brandy, I am sure Joe will answer.  But please
> remember there are smaller
> dogs doing the same work, in other breeds.

   I answered that post, and then went to work.  I
spent the day thinking, that is going to be
misunderstood.  What I was trying to say is that 100
pound male pyr seem atypical to me, in the most
literal and limited sense.  It is well outside the
norm of dogs I have seen.  I like bigger dogs for
appearance, but appearance is at the bottom of my list
of importance.
    Like I tried to say, the ablity to do the work
would depend on the dog.  Temperment and intelligence
are the most important factors in this.
   I didn't mean to confuse the two issue, of size and
ability to do a job.  My only comment on size was
intended to be that a dog as small as 100 pounds and
27 inches is unusual, at least among the dogs I've
seen.
                     Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,