Re: [PyrNet-L] Giant Breed

In a message dated 12/4/99 6:08:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< Strange isn't it, we first
 buy these dogs as our pets and it's not until we have more contact with
 others in the Breed  we then realise that sometimes the only thing the dogs
 have in common is that they are all Pyrs. Big, heavy, shorter, finer,
 nothing will ever take way that inborn instinct to guard which is what they
 were bred for. >>

     I agree with you what counts is that this is a most wonderful breed and
that we love them and they love us. What else matters? I like a pretty dog
and one with color more than the all white ones, but my preference doesn't
mean that the all white ones are less pretty they are beautiful too! I just
like the color more. My husband who wasn't that crazy about dogs and we have
been married 27 years and had dogs all this time loves the Pyr's. We have had
Pyr's now for 5 years and he says he can't imagine being without one, it is
so funny to see him relate to them. With the other dogs he didn't have much
to do with, but he gets down in the floor and lays and plays with the Pyr's.
It never ceases to amaze me the difference in this breed.
      Jan our male Egan, his fathers name is Ariege Merrdynn Emrys, I was
just wondering if he is any kin to your line. I bought him in Canada, or is
the name just a coincidence? I love your websites by the way, I went and read
all the stories and had a great time doing so............Debbie and the Pyr
gang.