Re: [PyrNet-L]

In a message dated 12/12/99 10:20:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
clhenke@juno.com writes:

<<

 Alison, because we can not determine well, when they become tired.  When
 a pup or young dog play, they flop and rest frequently. >>

I read somewhere that you should never walk a newf or Great Pyr (maybe I read
this here ;-) ? ) puppy any father than you would mind carrying them back!
Tonight I walked Leo up the street at my house and on the return trip (maybe
one block), he flopped down in the grass and literally almost fell asleep! Of
course I scooped up all 25 or so lbs of him and carried him home! My husband
is really getting a kick out of how mellow Leo is and how easily he can kick
back and relax in virtually ANY circumstance. There are several pups on our
street at the moment -- all labs and goldens -- and they all seem really
hyper compared to mr mellow man, Leo the Pyr.

Katie

Katie Allison Granju
http://www.attachmentparent.com/
Owner -- Giant Dogs-L at http://www.onelist.com/community/GiantDogs-L