Re: [PyrNet-L] Great Pyrenees of the Century

> We are participating in a neat little exercise on my other breed lists and
> it's quite fun, interesting, and educational to hear the responses.  What
> better time to indulge in breed history and nostalgia than now?  If you could
> only nominate one individual dog or bitch as "Great Pyrenees of the Century"
> who would it be and why?

Gee Kelly, you opened a can of worms! How does one pick just one dog???
Well, here goes - and it may surprise you.

The dog I nominate - has no name, is not famous and may or may not have
reproduced. I nominate that Pyr that was loved by those it lived with.
The Pyr that touched their hearts and souls and shared it's love. The
Pyr that was the ever faithful companion to someone. This Pyr is the
special one that caused the owner to always want one around. This Pyr
could have lived anywhere at any time during the century.

Lisa