Re: [PyrNet-L] March DogWorld article on Cryopreservation/Cloning

In a message dated 2/4/00 3:52:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, Kshoffman@aol.com
writes:

<< Of course the hope for this type of technology is that we might be able to
 preserve DNA from exceptional representatives of a breed ( >>

This is all very interesting.  Now the fun, (if you are a masochist), who
determines the "exceptional representative of a breed"?  You don't think some
politicks could ever get into these selections do you?  Maybe we could use
the top winning dog some year?  Maybe the top producing dog or bitch?  Maybe
we could let the President or board of various clubs select the
representatives?  How about the AKC?  I am sure there are a lot of other
candidates.  Would it matter if the dog or bitch had siblings and parents
that had epilepsy, Lux patella, dysplasia, Cataracts, Etc., etc., etc.?

Joe