[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Anais' Scheme

I have to share what my "clever" girl managed to plot today.  I have an
almost 15 year old poodle mix with a colapsed trachia and congestive
heart failure.  Anais thinks he's fun to "play" with (which means
getting really close to him until he snaps at her and then leaping out
of the way or smacking him with a paw if he isn't paying any attention
to her) but the play is too much for him and he is on a special diet and
leaves his food laying around for quite a while so he spends some time
behind an x-pen.  He also has a small dog door out to another x-penned
area, so the big dogs don't trample him. Anais sneaks into his pen
whenever I forget to close it and steals his food dish.  Today, she went
into his pen and stuck her head out his dog door, the only part of her
that fits now.  ( was a bit worried that if she tried to squeeze through
we would have to have the house disassembled around her to get her out.)

Anyway, I must have forgotten to close his outside pen, and let Anais
outside.  Suddenly, I looked out and saw her coming out of his pen with
his food dish in her mouth.  I guess she had figured out when she stuck
her head out through his dog door that she could also stick her head in
from the outside and grab his dish.  That required some strategy!!  I'm
impressed!!!  She's going to be hard to stay one step ahead of, I think.

Stephanie & Anais