Re: [PyrNet-L] Health, Care: Purdue Boat Study

>From: "Janice Swenson" <janices@jump.net>

>There is an initial report on the Bloat study conducted by Dr. Larry
>Glickman at Purdue on the AKC website at:
>
>http://www.akcchf.org/News_Archieve/january_00.htm
>
>Some interesting findings are noted.
>
>There will also be an article in the Journal of the American
>Veterinary Medical Association, January 2000 issue.

Has anyone read the article in the AVMA Journal yet? Did I misunderstand the
brief finding posted in the above link that said that there was a 200%
increase in bloat if the dog was being fed from a raised feeding dish ? If
this is the finding, I am more than a bit concerned since I feed from one...
I guess when I take Push in to the vet school here for his allergy recheck I
will ask the vets if they have read the article and what do they suggest.
Has anyone on the list
had personal experience with bloat AND raised feeding dishes? Am I concerned
over nothing?