[PyrNet-L] visitors

Why is it when you have visitors your Pyrs display their worst tendencies??
I think last night's episode was one of the worst to date.  I cooked a leg
of (NZ!) lamb for dinner, carved off four portions, covered the rest to keep
for my little sammies today. Imagine cold roast lamb and mint jelly
sammies??) Twenty minutes later when I took the plates out I had to prise
the remainder of the leg of lamb from the jaws of a Pyrenean!! Two more were
standing there saying "me, me, my turn Courtenay come on share......"  My
fault I suppose for not putting the meat in the fridge but I had planned to
offer seconds!! These 3 are not food hunters normally and she had to "break
into the kitchen" to get the roast.  She wasn't going to let go either so I
prised her jaws open and then shook until she dropped it.  Just the bone
left but by then it was a matter of principle on who was going to win!!  I
had promised myself all weekend not to use bad language, try and be more
ladylike, all gone in a couple of minutes when the guests came to see what
the commotion was about and found me straddling a Pyr holding it's jaws open
and saying "drop the bleeping bone you bleeping thief!! I overheard my
daughter's boyfriend say later, "Gee we could do with your Mother when we
have trouble in the holding cells on a Satuday night".  An everlasting
impression made I think!!
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans