[PyrNet-L] Pyrs and birds

Hi Graham and everyone-
My experience is that Pyrs are excellent with birds. Actually, my experience
was the same as Cindy's - the Pyr was intimidated by the bird! If he paid any
attention to her at all, it was just to get close and sniff - the cockatiel
allowed this up to a point, but when he got too close she'd go for his nose
and he'd back right off. As Brady (cockatiel) got older, her flights grew
shorter and her landings more unpredictable. The Pyr never showed any prey
drive where she was concerned, even if she crash landed right in front of
him. My only worry was the one Cindy expressed - the accidental paw.

I've been catching up on my backlog of Pyrnet digests the last few days. I
have to laugh out loud at some of them - particularly Jan's accounts of lamb
theft. Also. as a geography teacher, I love exchanges that reflect
differences in our respective locales - climate or otherwise.
Lyn and Bridger