[PyrNet-L] Re, X-ray age

Normally xray around 2 years here but have done two bitches at 7 years and
neither showed any signs of arthritis which was great, both had the same low
score too.  I would xray at any age if I thought there was a problem in the
hips and  have xrayed one puppy at 6 months who  had OCD just to ensure the
hips were okay. Seeing as bitches are normally bred from at over 2 years
then that seems to be the accepted age.  Males I have used younger than that
for stud. The HD Panel here who read the plates and do the scoring don't
appear to have a criteria for age or certifying . I guess it all depends on
your responsibility as a Breeder to whether you xray or not and eliminate
maybe just one problem in your breeding.
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans