[PyrNet-L] Rescue, I think?

Hi all,
Someof you may know that I've been interested in helping with Pyr rescue
forsome time.  last night I got a call from a friend about a male Pyr he
found roaming a street.  He was afraid he would get hit on this heavily
traveled road, so picked him up.  Since he has a female English bulldog who
didn't like this intruder into her space, I offered to bring him to my house.
We've notified everyone we can think of about the dog and are just waiting to
hear from his owner.  Now that he's here, what should be my next move?  I
plan to take him to my vet if I've not heard anything by Monday.  He seems to
be healthy except for a place on his back where the hair is thin and it looks
like some scabs on his skin.  I've never been around any other Pyrs except
Jasmine, so I do have some questions.
Even though he is taller than Jasmine, I think he's still a puppy.  Is there
an easy way to guess at a dog;s age?  Also, his nose has a big pink spot on
it and around the eye area the skin is not as black as Jasmine's.  Is this
something that will darken up with time?  His fur still has that soft silky
puppy texture to it.  He did have on a nice leather collar (which was too
tight and needed to be let out a couple of notches) but no tags of any sort.
Attached to the ring on the collar was a scrap of fabric about 6inches long,
as though he was tied out with cloth?
How do I make sure he gets back to his rightful owners, assuming they contact
us?   I don;t want him to go just anywhere.  Also, he and Jasmine are do alot
of jumping, running, and looks like playing but since I've never been around
2 Pyrs before, is that normal?  Thanks for all of your help, and BTW, there
isn't anyone locally diong rescue.
Teresa and Jasmine and ???