Re: [PyrNet-L] Canine Nutrition

In a message dated 02/17/2000 10:41:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kdbooth@mindspring.com writes:

<<
 Date:  02/17/2000 10:41:14 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  kdbooth@mindspring.com (kdbooth)
 Sender:    owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
 To:    pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

 Hi,

 I'm looking for a few suggestions on brands of kibble.  My girl, Daisy, has
some itchy skin and smelly ear problems that seem to clear up when I feed her
brands not containing corn, soy, beef, etc. (ok, just about everything).
Lately I have been giving her Hund 'N Flocken, a brand she really likes.  I
read a posting on a brand comparison web site where someone thought that it
caused her dog to produce more waste.  Indeed, I scoop the yard at the same
time everyday and it seems to me there's a lot to scoop!  I have two pyrs and
I scoop an average of 6 (forgive me) "piles" a day.  Is that a lot, or
average for having more than one dog?  I'm concerned that if so much is
coming out of the dogs, not enough nutrients are staying in them.  I have
also tried feeding Daisy "home cooked" meals but anything other than kibble
leaves her with loose bowels.  I would be interested in hearing from other
pyr owners who cook for their dogs ... and also any recommendations on brands
of kibble, especially from owners of pyrs that are sensitive to corn, etc.

 Thanks!
 Kim

 --------------------
 <HEAD>
 <STYLE></STYLE>
 </HEAD>

 <DIV>Hi,</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>I'm looking for a few suggestions on brands of
 kibble.&nbsp; My girl, Daisy, has some itchy skin and smelly ear problems
that
 seem to clear up when I feed her brands not containing corn, soy, beef, etc.
 (ok, just about everything).&nbsp; Lately I have been giving her Hund 'N
 Flocken, a brand she really likes.&nbsp; I read a posting on a brand
comparison
 web site where someone thought that it caused her dog to produce more
 waste.&nbsp; Indeed, I scoop the yard at the same time everyday and it seems
 me there's a lot to scoop!&nbsp; I have two pyrs and I scoop an average of 6
 (forgive me) "piles" a day.&nbsp; Is that a lot, or average for having more
than
 one dog?&nbsp; I'm concerned that if so much is coming out of the dogs, not
 enough nutrients are staying in them.&nbsp; I have also tried feeding Daisy
 "home cooked" meals but&nbsp;anything other than kibble leaves her with
loose
 bowels.&nbsp; I would be interested in hearing from other pyr owners who
cook
 for their dogs ... and also any recommendations on brands of kibble,
especially
 from owners of pyrs that are sensitive to corn, etc.</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>Thanks!</DIV>
 <DIV>Kim</DIV>