[PyrNet-L] Lucky escape!!

Counting my lucky stars here!!( but I'm really hurt too).   More
millionaires in town but not coming to visit me.  My wee (yes she's
Scottish) Mother phoned to tell me of her visitors, from the Shetland Isles
with family connections who had called upon her.  Lovely people, loved her
cream sponge, apple shortcake, pikelets ( just dropped in off the street
don't you know!!) You visit my Mother, you make an appointment a month in
advance.    Here for a spot of deep sea fishing and the likes, in the oil
business back in the "auld country".  I asked if they would be coming to see
me and was told, "I think that's highly unlikely, your name wasn't
mentioned".  I am deeply hurt. I feel I am now ready for millionaires after
last week.  I had it all pictured in my mind, "Please come in, do excuse the
state of the place, I've just taken in the laundry for 12 homeless families,
Mr Green is coming to cut the lawns and hedges next week and Mr Groomer will
be here to bath the dogs and my home help forgot to come on Friday so I'm
struggling to do it myself. Can't get good paid help these days."

Why wasn't my name mentioned? These people are my twin sister's rellies
 translated Carrie, relations)  .  Imagine their joy when I opened the door
and they saw her double? Slightly  lighter (in weight!) browner in skin
colour but nonetheless the "spittin' image".  I was hoping to make a good
impression but obviously I am not to be given the chance.  Is this
punishment for my behaviour with the outside light and the "tin tippy" of
yesteryear or am I just lacking in the family social scale " Yes, she's a
bit odd, she's got all these dogs, we can't expect her to turn up at Family
gatherings, weddings, funerals ( I love a good wake!) , 21st's,
christenings,  unless we have them during the week".  Fair enough I think.
I'm home here 5 days a week, 24 hours a day (except my Wed shopping outing)
so I am "available" .  No use now, I am feeling very rejected and if you
could have heard the tone in my Mother's voice (sounds like a country and
western song!!) then you would be too. Surplus to requirements I think. Who
needs an oil well?
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans