[PyrNet-L] Dukes dilemma

I don't understand what the breeder's role in this situation is. This dog is 15 months old and over 1,000 miles from the breeder.  If Duke had been purchased from a pet shop or a garage sale or even found wandering on the street it doesn't change the fact that he is a GP in distress.

I don't believe that he is a "bad dog".  His behavior is the result of his environment.  He has been restrained in the back yard instead of having freedom to move around.  Whenever he gets the opportunity or can break away, he does.  If I were him, I would too.

He has also been subjected to physical discipline which, in my opinion, is most of the problem.  In addition, he is being tormented by a two year old, very active and overly permissive child.

In discussing the nipping incident with my daughter, which by the way was not witnessed, there were no punctures.  It appears to me that Duke clamped down on the child's arm and in pulling away, the skin was scratched.  It may have been in response to being poked with too much enthusiasm and an attempt to restrain his aggressor or just overly aggressive play.  I don't believe biting is in his nature but they don't trust him any longer and can't tolerate his behavior.

My point in this, is that Duke is in a situation that he didn't choose.  He needs and deserves a better home.  In addition to the distance from Illinois to Massachusettes, we are already a two dog family in a one dog residence.  My reason for posting this is not being flamed for our choice of breeder or for not providing a better environment but asking for help in saving a dog who will be going to a shelter on Monday.

Duke is healthy, nuetered, about 29 inches and 110 pounds by estimate.

Help me!