Re: [PyrNet-L] Dukes dilemma

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>I don't understand what the breeder's role in this situation is. This dog
>is 15 months old and over 1,000 miles from the breeder.
I think all that Barb meant was that a breeder should want to know when a
placement doesn't work out, for whatever reason. For example, in our
contract, we were obligated to let the breeder know if we found we could
not keep the dog for any reason whatever. It's a safeguard against pyrs
ending up in shelters, and we appreciate the fact that it was probably
harder to adopt our boy than it would have been to adopt a child!! A good
breeder particularly wants to know if there are health or temperament
problems that show up in any dog. It does sound as if this has not been
the right dog for your daughter and her family...if any is right now. I
reiterate that I will try to help in any way possible, but I'd like to
work with the official rescue people to make sure that a new placement is
a successful one.
Ann Wetherilt