Re: [PyrNet-L] Westminster

So the real problem isn't line breeding vs. cross breeding, but the
people themselves.  I know what you mean about feeling cynical, Kelley.
After a while you don't believe anybody, you don't trust anybody.  And
actually, there are lots of people who do care and are willing to share
what they've learned and do what ever is in the best interest of their
chosen breed and dogs in general.  The irony of it is that lots of them
are content to sit quietly in the background, and a good number of them
would even be dismissed as "backyard breeders" simply because they do not
breed in volume or actively campaign every one of their dogs.  Again,
what's the answer to this?  I guess we all have to research thoroughly
all of our actions regarding our dogs, whether it's training or feeding
or breeding, until we are satisfied that we've got the proper
information.  The whole time keeping in mind that the answer to our
question may not be what we want to hear.  And we have to be aware at all
times that ultimately it is the dogs who benefit (or suffer).

On a lighter note, thanks again to everybody on the list who replied when
I had a question about collars.  I ordered a nice rolled leather tag
collar from an on-line shop that someone recommended, and received it 3
days later.  It's only been a few weeks, but the difference in the fur
around her neck is already noticeable.

Jeanne Bravin
GypsyunLTD@juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!