Re: [PyrNet-L] Westminster

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeanne M Bravin <gypsyunltd@juno.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: [PyrNet-L] Westminster

> So the real problem isn't line breeding vs. cross breeding, but the
> people themselves.  I know what you mean about feeling cynical, Kelley.
> After a while you don't believe anybody, you don't trust anybody.  And
> actually, there are lots of people who do care and are willing to share
> what they've learned and do what ever is in the best interest of their
> chosen breed and dogs in general.  The irony of it is that lots of them
> are content to sit quietly in the background, and a good number of them
> would even be dismissed as "backyard breeders" simply because they do not
> breed in volume or actively campaign every one of their dogs.  Again,
> what's the answer to this?
>
> Jeanne Bravin
> GypsyunLTD@juno.com
>
> OK: Here it comes. My suggestion as to "what's the answer to this."

In the interest of "Saving All Purebred Dogs": I propose a MORATOREUM, on
The Almighty Show Ring. This should last until the world of purebred dogs
rids itself of these unscrupulous breeders and handlers, or at least long
enough(many years) for their profits to go completely down down the
drain.The return of health and soundness to the individual breeds would be
the determining factor in lifting the moratoreum.

NO, I am not nuts, nor am I a radical. Far from it. I am a disabled American
Veteran.The affect of this on me is that I do not fear what others may
think, as long as I believe that I am right. I also have a deep respect for
other people's opinions and feelings. There are many, many, purebred dog
lovers who secretly wish for what I have just expressed to actuaslly happen.

 During the 1960's when I came of age, I witnessed first hand, the power of
people who are united in a single cause. (the anti-war activists) This time
the cause is saving purebred dogs from ultimate doom. If left unchecked and
unchallenged, these powerful, well connected and unscrupulous people will
eventually bring to ruin, the world of purebred dogs.

OK, end of sermon. It is up to those of you who believe as I do to stand up
and be counted. Thank you for your time. I really am a nice, calm man.

Terry Rickert