Re: [PyrNet-L] Westminster

> > OK: Here it comes. My suggestion as to "what's the answer to this."
>
> In the interest of "Saving All Purebred Dogs": I propose a MORATOREUM, on
> The Almighty Show Ring. This should last until the world of purebred dogs
> rids itself of these unscrupulous breeders and handlers, or at least long
> enough(many years) for their profits to go completely down down the
> drain.The return of health and soundness to the individual breeds would be
> the determining factor in lifting the moratoreum.

Terry - I don't think you are nuts and I like your idea but, a
moratorium on the show ring won't
do it - there is many a person out in that ring that has no intention of
breeding. To the best of my
knowledge, there are top winning show dogs that were never bred.

In some countries, they have to have their kennel club approval for
breeding - this could eliminate allot right there, Unfortunately, the
power of money will still rule. Maybe they should look at people's
finical
records when they do inspections of records as well because I still work
with the philosophy that I was taught by a now deceased long time
breeder - "if you make money breeding and showing, your doing something
wrong"

Lisa