Re: [PyrNet-L] Cunning!!

Robyn, your story reminded me of our experience when we first moved to
Texas from Michigan back in " 75".  I went to take care of changing
things over from one state to the other.  The gal at the desk asked me if
we had a "Lane on our car"?  I didn't understand her, my brain was
scanning rapidly, she was getting more and more annoyed with me, and
quickly getting louder..." a lane.....a lane....a lane on your car"!
Finally I blurted out..." A Lien, do you mean a lien on the vehicle?"
Sure enough that was what she was saying.  That night when I was talking
to my hubby, and telling him what had happened, he started laughing.
Seems like he had a heck of a time figuring out what a " cowbert " was at
work that day.  Took him even longer to figure out they were saying "
culvert "!  Of course he can't understand my British relatives either.
Of course sometimes I think he can be really dense figuring out " dog
speak " too, but I think that is selective!  :-)  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka