Re: [PyrNet-L] Canine Nutrition

One thing I didn't remember seeing in your emails -- how old is Daisy?  We
had two pyrs (totally different lines), that seemed to have "allergies"
before the age of 2 years.  We went through the whole regime of food types,
changing the food carefully, keeping them on it for extended periods so that
we could see if the food was working, and nothing seemed really to help.
After a series of allergy tests all came back negative, our vet suggested
that we might want to just "wait it out".  From his experience with young
animals in particular, they can go through this stage.  He also said that he
found that excessive changes in food, as well as over use of anti-bacterial
shampoos, tended to increase their suseptablility to allgeries and such later
in life.  Based on his guidence, we stopped all the changes, and let both
dogs "deal with it" in their own way.  It has been nearly 6 months now, we're
feeding regular kibble with the addition of chicken, ground beef, and liver,
and all the dogs are doing well.  The two in particular have wonderful coats
and their skin conditions are completely gone as well as the scratching.
This may not be what you're Daisy needs, so please check with your vet first.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC