Re: Re(3): Re: [PyrNet-L] Seeking More Advice -Reply

On 22 Feb 00, at 21:18, Ann K. Wetherilt wrote:
> pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> >Where do you get the Melatonin?
> Melatonin is available at most drug stores, I think. We get it at CVS in
> Boston. It's not a cure-all, but it does have a calming effect, and even
> when we don't anticipate the storm and get it to her early, I don't think
> she gets as frantic as she used to.

Can get it at health food stores like Whole Foods also.   Dose is
3mg dogs 35-100lbs; and 6mg dogs over a 100lbs, given up to 3
times/day.  It doesn't work in all cases, somewhere around 80%
efficiency is what I read.

I use it on Sonny and it helps him to where he stays calm during
thunderstorms.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX