[PyrNet-L] seeking more advice.

Would dearly love a treadmill for myself and the Pyrs and I do know people
who use them for their dogs.  I think the suggestions of some sort of
calming agent (say's she whose crated puppy is hollering it's head off) are
worthwhile if just to break the pattern of noise while he's in the crate.  I
have my squirt bottle handy and I seem to have broken the habit of barking
at the other Pyrs while crated. Squirting myself too in this heat!!  I think
perserverance is the name of the game ,(remind me in the morning I said
that!!) and obviously you do not give up easily.  Can I suggest something a
bit stronger which will make him sleep and might help break the pattern. You
would need to talk to your Vet about a tranquiliser and I am not advocating
prolonged use but for a couple of nights and then use the other ideas
suggested?  I am going to get on top of this wee guy here and he has been
pretty good so far but my time has been restricted with Hamish too and
trying to give them both an equal share of time and attention not forgetting
the others here ranging from 20months to over 10 years.  Luckily all sleep
well apart from the barking when a moth moves!!  The suggestion of a routine
is great, feeding, walking, time inside, they all need to know the daily
regime. Goodluck,
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans