Re: [PyrNet-L] "Do Dogs Really Love Us?" [adult theme & long]

<< I tossed the book in the garbage.  By contrast, when I *expect* to see
 affectionate phileo-love shine out of Tassie's eyes and into mine, my
 expectations are met.  Fully.  Completely. >>

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant exchange with B&N.  I would be sending
that book back to them (not dumping it in the trash), and demanding my money
back in full (including postage in both directions!).

As to whether our dogs "love" us, I can't say.  All I do know is that our
dogs, cats, horses, birds, or whatever other animal you care for and cherish
give to us in return a type of "love" that has no strings or conditions
attached.  There are no hidden agendas, no hidden meanings, and no
manipulation.  They are what they are, plain and simple, and if people were
more like them, the world would be a better place.

Just my two cents -- give me animals as companions any day <VBG>.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com