Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Maria the sheep comes to stay

"Tracy Bassett" <espinay@dynamite.com.au wrote:

>Well, my first little lawnmower has come to stay :-)  My sister, the
>consummate 'scrounger' who has found me all sorts of 'free' things in the
>past managed this week to find me a sheep!

This made me laugh Tracy as my sister also tried to give me a sheep. She
ended up keeping her for herself. Pearl, the sheep, was found by my sister
at one day old- mother died having twins, twin died too. Pearl now thinks
that my sister is her mother and that all of the dogs
on the farm are her brothers and sisters (all hound and labs there-it is
amazing that they consider her a dog too and have set aside their high prey
drives in her case). Pearl sleeps with the dogs, eats with the dogs, goes on
trail rides with the dogs, runs down the driveway with the dogs when a truck
arrives, bleats instead of barks with the dogs, rides in the car with the
dogs...when strange dogs try to come on the property thank goodness the pack
drives them away as Pearl is not the brightest bulb in the pack and would
undoubtably come to some misfortune.. Enjoy your new addition!