RE: [PyrNet-L] Breeding/rescue debate

Hello Darrell, You are talking as if your area is the only area that
produces rescues - sorry, but it is not, the world is full of Pyr's and
rescues and not all of these rescues are bad examples of the breed. In
Southern Ontario, I have approached trainers who will refuse to work with a
Pyr and we barely have any dogs in rescue - My point is, bad Pyrs, both in
form and temperament,  can come from anywhere, not necessarily rescue.
Rescue should always take precedence.

Tania Xerri

	<<<<Charlotte, your very heartfelt response, I think, is just the
reason for
	the discussion we've been having on rescue. We have much the same
	situation here in TX (by no means unique): an unending flow of dogs
from
	farm/ranch breeders. There is, honestly, no way rescue can keep up
with
	it. Some of these dogs may make loving companions; some are
disasters.
	Few of these are dogs that would be considered "good quality" Pyrs.
My
	point is that probably 90 percent or more of the Pyrs that go to pet
	homes in this area are from this stock, so the public, which doesn't
	know Pyrs that well to begin with, is basically seeing the "farm
Pyr" as
	the typical representation of the breed. It is a difficult issue
with no
	real answer. But we owe it to the breed to represent it as well as
we
	can. Rescues should not take precedence, but I know it's hard when
	you've got an unending stream of them>>>>