Re: [PyrNet-L] Failure of Rescue

Jack -

I agree with the conclusion that EVERY breeder should be responsible for
every puppy - for the life of the dog.  A no questions asked haven.

One way to promote this would be for someone to develope a branded or
trademarked product name that the public would ask for.

Then a breeder who subscribed to this (call it a service) would register
to use the trademark.

Something like:  "Forever home" "Lifetime home" - something simple to
put in advertisements.

The only catch would be that each pup would have to be chipped.  Then if
a pup showed up in a pound with a registered breeders chip - they'd get
a call.  (Of course that assumes that the chip companies would start
charging something reasonable for their chips - (today's prices are
highway robbery).)

Of course ideally the person who purchased the puppy originally would
return it to the breeder (but can everyone admit failure...).

This may seem like pie in the sky.  But when the public begins to demand
something things can change.  And if the public decided they wanted a
dog with this kind of backup (just like AKC papers) - then some dent in
this problem might be made.

Thanks all for listening.

KenMc