Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding/rescue debate

Shirley and all other terrific list members who own rescues:

Many, many rescues are first-class pets, and I would like to applaud all
who have adopted rescues or do rescue work. This thread was certainly
not meant to denigrate the good dogs and good work done.

Rather, I think, the idea is to try to keep rescue within the context of
the good of the breed as a whole. It is important, but should not take
precedence over the continued breeding and placement of healthy Pyrs
that have good temperament and meet the standard. After all, like Lara
said, people need to have a good place to go when the potato chip factor
kicks in *s*.

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX