[PyrNet-L] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20000316

On Thursday, the day before St. Patrick's Day, a couple folks wrote:

>       I had to smile about the "unless, of course, we find a trained dog
> who knows her name and comes when called", part.  :)  Any Pyr, even the
> best trained ones won't always (or often) come when called.
>  Chrissy
>  Rajah and Moses
>  West Union, WV
>  dsmith@iolinc.net
>  -----------------
>  I have to admit this made me smile as well! Beau seems to have
> selective hearing if I am trying to get him to come in when he doesn't
> want to. I can call him till I'm blue in the face and he will stand in
> the yard giving me his "WHAT" look! LOL! But I wouldn't trade him for
> all the tea in China.
>   Marie McFarland and Beau

	So just out of curiosity, I'll give this hypothetical situation:
you and your house-cohabitators are about to go to dinner, or a movie, or
out, I don't know, shopping for china, maybe.  (Suffice it to say you
can't take your beloved furry companion with you.)

	Your Pyr is happily sitting on the hillside in your backyard,
enjoying the evening breeze and the smells it carries.  You don't ever
leave your animal outside while you're away, so you call her.  And she
gives you that "WHAT?" look, and doesn't move an inch, otherwise.  How do
you get her in the house so that you can leave? Do you have to tramp out
there and haul her in with a leash?  Keep calling until she figures it's
easier to come in than listen to you making yourself hoarse?

	Just wondering.  :)

	By the way, there are a couple of folks on this list whose email
programs are sending HTML attachments in addition to the plain-text
version of their messages.  This doesn't jive with the digest version of
the list, or university/unix/pine-mail systems.  Folks, please check your
email program preferences and make sure that your mail format for sending
is "Plain Text."  Otherwise it makes it real hard to read what you're
sending.  :)

	Thanks,

	-Eric W.

---------
Systems/Network Administrator & Webmaster | IU School of Journalism
<http://www.journalism.indiana.edu/> |  Office VOX/VM: 812.855.4918
<http://php.indiana.edu/~ewacker> | site includes my PGP public key