[PyrNet-L] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20000316

Eric, Welcome to the list!  Thanks for my morning chuckle.  A good method
for the yard is to always call them in with a treat.  That way if they
don't especially care that you want them, they might consider coming just
to see what you have to offer.  Comes in handy for the times you want
them to kind of decide quickly, instead of meandering at their own
leisure.  Of course walking out to get them is an old standby.  You don't
always have to grab them.  A lot of time just walking out there ( they
like to see you do that :-) ), and walking behind them, will get them
moving.  Usually with that head down swing that bears often exhibit, as
they mutter at you under their breath about ruining their fun!  Of course
there is the running jump....ohhh you came out to play with me?  Best to
play with them awhile so they think this is good.  Otherwise they will
know you just want to drag them back in, and will not look happily upon
you!  But they are such loving dogs, it all makes up for the "things" in
the end!

Good Luck ,  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com