[PyrNet-L] Happy St Patricks Day!

A kiwi is a smallish brown bird Doug, has a long beak and cannot fly. He
lives on the bottom of the forest floors and snuffles around for grubs to
eat.  He is a very protected species and nearly became extinct.  The Kiwi
only comes out at night, he is nocturnal.  Kiwis today are seldom seen
except in Zoos' at the "Kiwi House" or specially designated areas however
more Kiwis are being released back into the wild from breeding programs.
Their predators are rats and dogs.  The use of the word "Kiwi" for a New
Zealander is a form of slang.  Having just re-read what I've written do we
want to be called Kiwis' Ann??  There is a legend  as to how the Kiwi lost
his wings, something to do with vanity and apparently the Kiwi was also
brightly coloured  and then was changed to a dull brown. Poor little guy.

Got a little sign here bought by one of my daughter's, it reads " This is
the home where pigs fly and Mr Nobody does everything"!!!
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans