[PyrNet-L] Re: Dog parents to Korea

Pam,
     I sure don't blame them for not wanting to take the dog to Korea as my
husband was there when he was in the Army.  He, however, has nixed the idea
of a foster Pyr for 18 months as he says he would not want to give it back.
It would be a nice thing to do for someone, but my suggestion is to find a
sanctuary that would keep it as long as it were sponsored.  I have a friend
in Asheville, NC with a nice Sanctuary that as long as the dog were sponsored
would do it I am sure.  It is called Peaceable Kingdom and she had help
setting up by the people at Best Friends out west.  The URL is
http://www.peaceable-kingdom.org/
Have your friend contact Karen Koontz through her website and ask her.

>      Linda, one more post to you this time.  How about a long term foster
>  with some reimbursement of the cost to tend to the dog.  There is a family
> that has orders to Korea.  This is an 18 mos tour of duty and it will be
>  real difficult for them to take a big dog.   I took 2 toy poodles with me
3/
> 4
>  of the way around the world and back and even that was a challenge at
times.

>   I know she would have trouble finding housing and she could not take him
>
>  temporary military housing.
>       Well-- it is worth asking --
>
>      Pam

Linda in SC
Nigey, Maggie, Kelly, Sarah, Hobbes, Yngwye, Annie, Spikey and the birds
 <A HREF="http://home.talkcity.com/members/3743/norjet/profile.html">Profile
on Norjet</A>
ICQ#63047454
AIM: RoyalExcellency1