Re: [PyrNet-L] T.V. Commercial

In a message dated 3/17/00 10:33:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mikej@alaweb.com writes:

<< f the dog is not amused, or should I say, gets tired of it, they get just
get
  up and leave... and children should be taught to have respect for animals
and
 not to mistreat them.  >>

    I agree that this is what a well trained dog would do, but for the most
part the general lay person with backyard pets do not have well trained dogs.
It only takes one child to be mauled for this to be a tragedy, how many
children will see this and follow this example? Most of the dogs out there
are not the well bred even tempered dogs that we have. I just think there are
better ways they could have presented this commercial, there are a lot of
different ways that I child and a dog can get dirty together. Children have
the tendency to tease dogs, and children and dogs can be unpredictable at
times as can any animal.

Debbie and the Pyr gang