RE: [PyrNet-L] ear problems

	Hello Charlie,

	You have been getting some great advice from people - I would like
to add my two cents as well - I just had infections in three ears!!! Yuck.

	This solution is very very cheap.

	A wash of 50/50 white vinegar and alcohol, place at least .5 ml in
each ear - if you can get in in - and rub the ears to move the solution
around. Let the dog shake its head. This will loosen the discharge. Clean
the inner ear flap - only what you can see - with a clean tissue. Repeat
this every day, once a day, until the infection clears. If your lovely Pyr
will not let you put it in his ears, try soaking cotton balls and squeezing
them in the ear canal.

	You can also add an over the counter yeast  remedy - you can find
them at the drug store. They are usually sold for  woman and babies (babies
get yeast infections when they wear diapers!!).

	I found the most effective solution was the vinegar water rinse. I
did use an antifungal, just in case, but I slowed down its use once I saw
the infection abating.

	My vet told me it would take, at the very least, three weeks to
clear the ears - it took two weeks and no sign of yeast !!

	Good Luck

	Tania