Re: [PyrNet-L] intro

David Anderson wrote:

> Michaelene, (what a pretty name!)

Thank you.

> is Willow your Pyr? Wow - how can anyone
> mistake the one for the other!

She's a Pyr all right! Some folks...I also have a GSD, have asked me what kind
of dog he is...maybe a "police dog"? Oh, well, it's always a good "in" for me to
educate someone about the particular breed...its pluses but also its minuses.
All too often a puppy/dog is brought into the household solely because of the
way it looks...not what it will be or because of its breed traits...then it's
shelter time...

Willow is a rescue (a frantic phone call from someone I barely knew). I really
had a lot to learn about Pyrs when I brought her home with me 18 months ago.
Thank goodness I already had the fenced yard.

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, gentle little spaniel,
Tony III, GSD protector & Willow, Pyrenean princess.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die,
I want to go where they went. ~ Anonymous