[PyrNet-L] Fw: Re: CHAT, EVENTS: PREAMBLE 2000 WORLD CONFERENCE

>>Why do yo need my apology for not attending the conference....<<

     Well, I just wish people would not get so hot under the collar over
such
 minor issues! How on earth can we expect unity with pyrenean fanciers
around
 the world, when minor cultural differences with etiquette can cause such
 reactions. To "apologise"  in British culture - and probably in Australian
 too - can mean not simply an expression of regret - but also one of support
 or advocacy. I think the Australian organizers are hoping for just that -
 from pyr fanciers around the world. It gives those of us who cannot attend,
 a way to show our support for their efforts - and for our breed.

 Come on folks - whether we like it or not, the World Conference IS to be
 held in Australia - so let's show those hardworking volounteers that we can
 support them!

  Geraldine

 Geraldine Swierzy
 SheepRiver Great Pyrenees