Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Service Dog for a person with MS

<<I wonder if anyone has information about Pyr's acting as service dogs for
people with MS - Trainers or personal experience. There is a woman who is
looking to train her Pyr's to help her.  Any leads would be greatly
appreciated.>> Tania

I remember an article in our Club newsletter here a few years ago about a
Pyr that had been certified as a Service Dog for a lady with mobility
problems.  The certification meant her dog could go with her in all places
just like a Guide Dog would.  The dog, if I remember rightly, basically
helped her with standing from a sitting position, a leaning post while
walking if necessary and to pick things off the ground etc.  I seem to
remember that the fact that they had managed to get through all the red tape
to get a service dog of this type recognised was at the time rather ground
breaking here.  I will look for the article for you tonight when I get home
from work.

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au