RE: [PyrNet-L] Re: Service Dog for a person with MS

Hello Tracy,
Thank-you very much for looking and for the info.  Look forward to any
information you can provide. There are a few services in the States that
train your pet to be a service dog - none in Canada that I can find - every
bit of information will help - I have a feeling Pyr's are not top of the
list of service dogs, but when they are already members of the family, it's
worth a try.

Thanks Again, Tania

	<<<I remember an article in our Club newsletter here a few years ago
about a
	Pyr that had been certified as a Service Dog for a lady with
mobility
	problems.  The certification meant her dog could go with her in all
places
	just like a Guide Dog would.  The dog, if I remember rightly,
basically
	helped her with standing from a sitting position, a leaning post
while
	walking if necessary and to pick things off the ground etc.  I seem
	remember that the fact that they had managed to get through all the
red tape
	to get a service dog of this type recognised was at the time rather
ground
	breaking here.  I will look for the article for you tonight when I
get home
	from work.>>>>