[PyrNet-L] Shaving your Pyr?

Quite right Jill,  Pyrs should not be shaved.  The double coat acts as a
form of insulation in winter and to protect the skin in summer however some
folk do trim their Pyrs under the tummy and  around the knickers (trousers)
in the hot weather.  If a Pyr is shaved then sometimes the coat can grow
back twice as thick.  With Rescue Pyrs there maybe no choice if the coat is
badly matted  but even then  you may find that the "Rescuers" would rather
work in grooming the Pyr than a complete shave.  I wonder how hot it would
need to be before someone shaved their Pyr purely because of the heat?
Kind Regards, Jan,
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin/ and
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and my latest
Site http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/HobbyCt/postcardcollections/
 the site of PMDC http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans