Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Your pyr?

> Wouldn't owner lifestyle fall under " choosing the right dog for your
> lifestyle " rather than pick a dog with a coat and shave it down?  I too
> ,used to groom, and while I agree with Terese on blades, lengths, and
> looks.  I still prefer to see Pyrs. in long coats, with undercoats well
> brushed out for summer heat.  That top guard hair is still there for
> protection.  I.M.O.  Cindy.

The important thing here is good care for the dog and not personal bias for
looks. Matted coats cause health problems and prevent health problems from
being found. A properly shaved coat is not a health hazard and a matted coat
is.

Shortening a coat doesn't make the owner a "bad" person or an inappropriate
home for a long coated breed(or any breed). A couple of weekends doing
rescue should "reprioritize" anyone stuck on cosmetics.

Terese