Re: [PyrNet-L] Shaving Your pyr?

Terese, I didn't say that a dog should never be shaved down, obviously
there are reasons why a dog would be, and I have seen them all when I was
grooming.  Neither did I imply that anyone was "bad".  But common sense
tells anyone that long coated breeds require some extra effort, and if it
doesn't fit into your agenda, get a dog with a short coat!  They too
benefit from good grooming, but at least if someone is too lazy to brush,
the results are not as uncomfortable for the dog!  Yes rescue dogs do
benefit from a grooming session, and might need to go out  with a clip,
but I would hope that those who take these dogs into their homes will be
loving them and caring for them as they are ( a heavy coated breed ), and
not keeping them clipped because they really have no time for them.
I.M.O.
Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com