Re: [PyrNet-L] Losing Toe Nails

I am wondering if anyone has experienced his/her dog losing toenails?

My friend's Weimeraner, Luther, age 7, has started losing his toenails.
First, two fell off and now they just keep coming off.  My friend has taken
him to the vet, but the vet has no idea what could be causing this.  The vet
says he is going to take off the rest of his toenails--when he saw them the
other day, they looked very weak and like they were coming off.  He is going
to check the nails and the base of the nails for any sort of fungus or
bacteria.

My friend is incredibly worried and I have never experienced this, so I
really have no idea what could be going on.  Any comments would be
appreciated.

Thanks : o}

Carrie Coffman
Guardenia Great Pyrenees