Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: biospot/heartworm

On 8 Apr 2000, at 0:13, EandUnge@aol.com wrote:
> I tried biospot and it did nothing for my pyrs.  Worthless.   I now
> use only Advantage.  Frontline is only good up to 80 - 100 lbs
> accoridng to my vet.  I use interceptor for heartworm -- 1 large
> tablet for up to 100 lbs,  1 large and 1 small for 150 lbs.  Best
> place to get it is KV vet -- my vet matches their price.   You may
> also want to try internetpets.com  (prescriptions).

I use the Frontline.  I think that's 89-132 lbs for the big dogs and
over 132 use 1 of those and one of the smaller package sizes.
Systemically, Biospot and Frontline/Advantage are different and kill
the flea different.  Information at
http://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/fleas-ticks.html

Be careful about Biospot.  I'm dealing with a suspected reaction to
Biospot and did some research on reactions.  My puppy was
treated with Biospot and breeder had never seen any reactions to it
before.  She was using it and she'd been treated with it before I
picked her up.  She's got hairloss patches and had intense itching.
6 skin scrapings later that were all negative we're now treating a
secondary bacterial infection.  And when I came back to what was
different and no problems with allergic reactions prior to use of
Biospot and checked with the vet's office yes, they'd seen this
before using Biospot.   Biospot is synthetic pyrethrins and there's a
number of reactions off of synthetic pyrethrins.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Hutto, TX