[PyrNet-L] Chat: a funny story

Sunday was pretty funny;  I was walking my two pyrs down the sidewalk. They
were walking together, over 240 lbs of pyr together side by side.  From a
driveway up ahead about 15 feet comes a pretty big persian-type cat.  I'd say
about 16-20 lbs or just alot of fur. But about that size.  He is strolling
down the driveway at a leisurely pace and sees the dogs.  Usually cats stop,
or hiss and hold their ground, twitch their tales, run away, or do something
indicating that they are startled at the very least.  Not this cat.  By this
time he's on the sidewalk.  He turns toward the dogs, gives a HUGE yawn and
plunks right down in the middle of the sidewalk facing the dogs, about 10
feet in front of them, as though nothing of interest was occurring.
Meanwhile I've stopped and am holding the pyrs, waiting to see  what the cat
was going to do because Boris was most interested.  I couldn't believe it
when he did that!   His owner had been backing his truck out of the driveway
but had stopped in the street to observe what was going on.   When the cat
sat, he got out of the car and scooped his cat off the sidewalk, resolving
the whole situation.  But as I told him, the cat would have no doubt had his
way with Boris and been most safe.  That cat had no fear, Boris' nightmare.
Boris avoids our outside cat (a scrawny 10 pds) at home, who bats Boris, the
140 lb pyr, with impunity, and Boris takes it.  AHe is literally
pussy-whipped.  He won't go outside when the cat is at the doorway, and when
he has to walk by the cat, he scrunches up his eyes and makes a run for it.
The sidewalk cat had Boris pegged from the start.  (Sierra could care less)

Elisa