[PyrNet-L] RESCUE: Pyr-Anatolian in Need in Texas

I am cross posting this with permission
Pam

A few weeks ago I told you about a man that had asked me about
his year old Pyr/Anatolian cross that was rough housing with the
goats. I talked to him at length about what he could do and gave him
Beverleys web page etc. ( full of great info )
But He decided to dump the dog at a shelter .....
luckily he is at the Guadalupe Co Humane Society shelter in Seguin,
Texas.  ( that is about 30 miles east of San Antonio .Wonderful folks
..they will only put a dog down if there is no hope for a home ( ie.
sick, aggressive etc.)
They have had the dog since April 15 th and said that he really
wants to be with people but since he has been with the goats is not
eating .
Someone told them that the dog ate goat food and never ate dog
food well at his old home. so he may be holding out for goat food.
They are trying to force feed him canned food.
He does not like being in a run and they are able to let him have a
large area instead of a run..
He is bonded to  goats but did play chase and rough house with
them. Former owner said he chewed up things too.
This dog might still be OK with goats if someone that knew how to
handle a dog like this had him.
I doubt he would do well in a back yard setting in town.
The shelter asked me to contact the list in help with placing him.
There is an adoption fee of $50-60  but that would include neutering.
I will be glad to get him checked for Heartworm and even help in
transportation .
The shelter # is 830-372-2055 or 2264
they are open 10 am-2 pm Tuesday -Sat.
They are anxious to place him soon as they are worried about his
appetite.
Elizabeth Pannill,DVM
Staples,Texas