Re: [PyrNet-L] Question on Bone Marrow

Well, I am currently in veterinary anatomy and physiology, and I just
completed pathology and diseases. We talked about this issue some in class.
Apparently a lot of the advances in human marrow transplants began with
research with transplants in animals, so yes, it can be done. Unfortunately,
from what I understand, it is not without a substantial price tag. Most
owners will not opt for the procedure. Usually it is done on a referral. Most
veterinarians do not perform the procedure. Is there a veterinary university
in their area that the vet could refer them too? I know at UGA they do a lot
of procedures on a referral basis. Good Luck!

Melissa