Re: [PyrNet-L] physical activity

Hi Sherri,

<<She is 14 weeks old now. Her tail doesn't seem a fluffy as I expected.
Will this fill in later? >>

I have a 4 month old puppy and her tail is just beginning to grow in.
However, it's not anywhere near an adult's *full* tail.  If you've seen her
parents, that should give you a good idea as to what her coat will be like
when she's grown.

<< Will her markings fade away?  The breeder said her mother had a full mask
and I saw her, she is now white as is her dad.  Her head has very light
badger shading almost creamy, but she has darker gray edges on her ears and
lighter gray faint almost like a blaze marking near her right eye and a
grayish patch above her tail. >>

Her markings will probably fade more.  Most puppies that I have seen with
full, dark masks at birth, loose most of the coloring as they get older.
There are some who will retain it.

<<Can anyone share with me at what age I may want to begin letting her stay
out of her crate during the day>>

Do you mean while you're at work?  I would just watch her and see how well
she can be trusted on her own.  I would start letting her stay out on her
own for short periods at first, and work up to the whole day.  At 14 weeks,
I would hesitate to let her out on her own, unless she is an exceptionally
good puppy and you have an area that you can keep her in (bathroom, mudroom)
where she can't hurt herself or get into trouble.

Best Wishes,
Karen Reiter
Fairport, NY USA