Re(2): [PyrNet-L] physical activity - hot weather

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>Seeing how hot she's getting already, and how long
>it takes her to cool down (and stop panting like she's on the verge of a
>coronary) I think we'll be leaving the pooches at home, at least until the
>Fall when days are crisp.
I think you really do have to do this when it's very hot. Ours can
tolerate only short walks in the coolest part of the day--once the temp.
gets over about 65, Paddington especially just wants to hang out in the
AC. I took him on one walk last summer, when I thought the temp. and
breeze were such that he'd be OK, and I knew we'd be in the shade all the
time, but even then he kept just lying down until I thought I was going to
have to carry him out!! We weren't out but about 30 minutes, and I had
lots of water with me. Ivy Rose doesn't seem nearly as sensitive to the
heat, but I do think you need to be really careful.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose