Re: [PyrNet-L] 2 dogs instead of 1

Oh Jenn, I bet you opened a kettle of worms with this question! :-)   For
a great many of us it amounts to how we could even have just one?

I kept four siblings ( the fifth went to a friend ), that we got from a
fellow that had eight pups, and got tired of the hassles of selling them
after three!  They came home to a house with one Shih-Tzu.  At one time
we raised and showed Mastiffs, but also had a G.Dane and a Whippet.  Just
lately we took in a Am. Staff/Pointer appearing mix, that tried to break
in our place over the Easter weekend.

I would rather deal with six dogs than kids!  If you pay attention to
them, it can be very interesting as they do ,and deal with each other, or
multiples as they are added.  Seeing them act as dogs, with dogs is very
educational.  The only warning is to know when you reach your limit of
being able to give them enough time and love.  Beyond that, they are a
pack animal, and with a little care, they accept others into their pack,
and enjoy the company.  I don't know that we all start out thinking in
terms of multiples, but it happens  more easily than we might think.

Good luck, I am sure that Buddy will enjoy a new friend!
Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas