RE: [PyrNet-L] 2 dogs instead of 1

Hi Jenn - what you are seeing is normal..............they will be fine.
Buddy is an adult dog and has very little understanding for a pup - unlike a
bitch. He needs to be shown how to behave.

Do not feed them together - where they can see or smell each other -
especially Buddy. Remove the food after 20 minutes or when the bowls are
empty.

Crate the pup when you are not home and cannot supervise - you are obviously
doing this - this will shield the pup from Buddy - just in case.

If Buddy shows any behaviour towards the pup which you do not approve of -
growling, aggression - crate him. He must be shown how to behave and that
any behaviour you do not approve of will not be tolerated.

Become more alpha - when the pup and Buddy are together - stand straighter,
give less affection, make Buddy work for his affection, show them both you
are the boss and you are in control. When my bitch and her half brother
start a disagreement - I just have to show my face and they stop in their
tracks and sulk away.

Is Buddy neutered? Will the pup be neutered? You will have a better chance
with two neutered males.

All the best , Tania
Txerri@baycrest.org <mailto:Txerri@baycrest.org>