Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: introduction of Wolves into Yellowstone

In a message dated 5/13/00 9:55:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tsheehan03@snet.net writes:

<< To carry it one step further, may I suggest that Pyrs have gradually
become more and more domesticisied, while wolves are still wild. >>

There is not any current evidence to suggest that our dogs are any less or
more capable LGD than their ancestors.

There is actually two threads of discussion taking place on this subject,
here and on the LGD list.  So it is becoming hard to remember what list said
what, but basically the Historical Pyr had a shepherd human with it and in a
relatively close area, and this is what might be making the difference.
Seems our dogs in the West work without this human and frequently over large
areas that make them more at risk.

Joe